01 02 03 Amanda in Waste-Free Land: Rubbish Update: November 2015 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Rubbish Update: November 2015

34
Our rubbish and recycling for November
It has been a while since I did my Plastic Free July rubbish update, so I thought I should check where things are at. I've been collecting all of our rubbish and recycling for the month of November. Not collected were our food scraps- which get composted, and paper waste, which is either composted or recycled. We did not have any metal waste for the month, except for bits of swarf which occasionally comes home in the BF's clothes.

Recycling:

Landfill:


In total there was 18 grams of rubbish destined for landfill. Most of it came from individually packaged food items that I couldn't resist, or that the BF uses for brewing. The rest is miscellaneous items such as a broken rubber band, clear windows from envelopes, a bandage, flea/worm treatment for Riley and stickers from produce. Not shown/weighed is a styrofoam cup that I got a concert, I didn't have a water bottle or cup on me as I went without a bag. Next time I will take one of my new stainless steel cups, or a reusable bottle.

The last rubbish update I mentioned the BF's contact lenses as a main source, he hasn't been wearing them lately as he ran out. He's back to glasses for the meantime.

Extra rubbish from our pre-Zero Waste transition:

These are rubbish items that came from prior to my pre-zero waste lifestyle. I am still using some things up in my transition. Not shown is a plastic salt container and vanilla essence bottle which were recycled.

December should be interesting, as it's holiday season and we plan on camping and tramping quite a bit. I will endeavor to collect all of our rubbish for the month and do another audit.

Labels: , , ,

35 36 37