01 02 03 Amanda in Waste-Free Land: What Have I Changed to go Waste Free? 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

What Have I Changed to go Waste Free?

34
What have I changed to go waste free? 
As I mentioned in the last post I was already using reusable bottles, bags, containers etc. I have an Eco Mailbox sticker for our letterbox, no more pesky junky mail- which was a large amount of our recycling each week. I also shopped predominately second hand, cooked vegetarian every night and composted. We were already living a fairly sustainable lifestyle, yet I found we still had to make some changes to make.

Kitchen:
Garden:
Takeaway:
Bathroom:
Bedroom/Wardrobe:
Pets:
We still have many things to change and replace, but we will do this slowly overtime as we use up products such as pens, make-up, razors and shampoo. I reuse/re-purpose a lot of items already in our household, such as toothbrushes for cleaning, plastic containers for storage, and material and paper for crafts and potential sewing projects. I also really need to work on switching our household cleaning products for the kitchen and laundry. Hopefully I can inspire my housemates to ditch the plastic too, but this one may take a wee while. So far I have been enjoying the switch and finding alternative ways to shop or use products. I have been reading so many library books on zero waste living too. Let's hope I don't drive everyone in my household too crazy!

UPDATE 25/4/16: We have been using Greencane toilet paper for a few months now, the packaging is totally compostable (paper & cellulose) and the TP is made from left over sugarcane pulp.

Labels: , , , , , ,

35 36 37